Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is vegan nail polish?
Vegan nail polish does not contain any animal byproducts.
2. What is cruelty-free nail polish?
Cruelty-fee nail polish is not tested on animals.
3. What is 21-free nail polish?
21-free nail polish does not contain the following:
1. Animal Derivatives
5. Formaldehyde Releaser
6. Formaldehyde Resin
8. Cyclic Silicones
10. Methyl Ethyl Ketone (MEK)
11. Glycol Ethers of Series E
12. Hydroquinone (HQ)
13. 4-Methoxyphenol (MEHQ)
14. Triphenyl Phosphate (TPP)
15. Nonylphenol Ethoxylates
16. Tert-Butyl Hydroperoxide
17. Chromium Oxide Greens
18. Bismuth Oxychloride
19. Carcinogenic Mutagenic Reprotoxic (CMR) Substances
20. Synthetic Fragrances
21. Ethyl Tosylamide
4. Is Earth Kandy Nail Polish vegan certified?
Yes, Earth Kandy Nail Polish is vegan certified. The vegan certification is available upon request. Please email: email@example.com
5. How long does Earth Kandy vegan (non-halal) nail polish last on your nails?
With proper care Earth Kandy vegan (non-halal) nail polish lasts up to 2 weeks. It is recommended to purchase and pair your colored nail polish with the "EK Base Coat" and "EK Top Coat" to increase the longevity of your polished nails. It is suggested to polish your nails with the "EK Top Coat" every other day or as needed to increase gloss and prevent nail polish chipping.
6. What is halal nail polish?
Halal nail polish has acquired Halal certification for its production facility, materials and manufacturing processes. Earth Kandy's Aqua Collection is halal certified by the ISWA Halal Certification Department. Certification is available upon request. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Is Earth Kandy Nail Polish water permeable?
Yes, Earth Kandy's Aqua Collection halal nail polishes are water permeable.
8. How many coats of Earth Kandy Aqua Collection halal nail polish should I put on to ensure water permeability?
To ensure water permeability it is suggested that you coat your nails with up to 2 thin coats of Earth Kandy Aqua Collection nail polish.
1 coat color + 1 coat top coat or
2 coats of color
9. How is the water permeability of Earth Kandy Aqua Collection halal nail polishes tested?
Earth Kandy's Aqua Collection nail polishes are tested and verified water permeable by SGS Labs. Verification is available upon request. Please email: email@example.com
*Disclaimer- A paper towel does not scientifically verify water permeability. It is important to note that there are several water permeable formulas on the market. All of the formulas work differently and you will see different test results during testing. Please use your best judgement before making a purchase.
ABOUT SGS LABS
"SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Our core services can be divided into four categories:
Inspection: our comprehensive range of world-leading inspection and verification services, such as checking the condition and weight of traded goods at transshipment, help you to control quantity and quality, and meet all relevant regulatory requirements across different regions and markets
Testing: our global network of testing facilities, staffed by knowledgeable and experienced personnel, enable you to reduce risks, shorten time to market and test the quality, safety and performance of your products against relevant health, safety and regulatory standards
Certification: we enable you to demonstrate that your products, processes, systems or services are compliant with either national or international standards and regulations or customer defined standards, through certification
Verification: we ensure that products and services comply with global standards and local regulations. Combining global coverage with local knowledge, unrivaled experience and expertise in virtually every industry, SGS covers the entire supply chain from raw materials to final consumption."
Click HERE to learn more about SGS Labs.
10. Is Earth Kandy Aqua Collection halal nail polish peelable?
Earth Kandy Aqua Collection nail polish is not peelable, it goes on like a regular nail lacquer. It is removed with nail polish remover like a regular nail lacquer as well.
11. How long does Earth Kandy Aqua Collection nail polish stay on?
With proper care Earth Kandy Aqua Collection nail polish lasts up to 5 days.
12. What is Earth Kandy's refund policy?
Earth Kandy has a strict NO REFUND POLICY. Please carefully read product names and descriptions, and use your best judgement before making a purchase. Earth Kandy is not responsible for the dissatisfaction of product colors as they may be slightly off due to lighting and devices. If you have a question or would like additional product photos please email firstname.lastname@example.org before making a purchase.
13. Do Earth Kandy's gel polish require a UV/LED Lamp?
Yes, Earth Kandy's gel polishes require a UV/LED Lamp.
14. How do you apply Earth Kandy's gel polishes?
A suggestion application process for Earth Kandy gel nail polish is as follows.
1. Apply 1 layer of Earth Kandy's gel basecoat and cure under a UV/LED light for 30-60 seconds.
2. Apply 2-4 layers of your favorite color of Earth Kandy gel nail polish and cure each layer under a UV/LED lamp for 30-60 seconds.
3. Apply 1 layer of Earth Kandy's gel topcoat and cure under a UV/LED light for 30-60 seconds.
15. What is Earth Kandy's exchange policy?
Earth Kandy exchanges are granted on a case by case basis. Earth Kandy is not responsible for shipping charges related to exchanges. Product must be unused and still enclosed in its tamper free plastic seal.
16. Does Earth Kandy ship to P.O. boxes?
Earth Kandy does not ship to P.O. boxes. Any order addressed to a P.O. box will be refunded in full.
17. Does Earth Kandy offer a nail tech discount?
Yes! Earth Kandy does offer a nail tech discount. Please email email@example.com for more information.
18. At what temperature should you store Earth Kandy Nail Polish?
Earth Kandy Nail Polish should be stored at room temperature. WARNING: Keep Earth Kandy Nail Polish out of direct sunlight.
19. Is Earth Kandy Nail Polish bottles recyclable?
Yes, Earth Kandy's glass bottles can be recycled. To recycle clean out any remaining nail polish from glass bottle.
20. Does Earth Kandy Nail Polish require a special nail polish remover?
Earth Kandy Nail Polish does not require a special nail polish remover.
21. Is Earth Kandy Nail Polish handmade?
No, Earth Kandy Nail Polish is not handmade.